Android Cheat Sheet
Table of Contents
Encrypting Android (4.0)
- Settings/Security/Encrypt Phone
- Status screen will tell you what percentage complete your phone is (e.g. has been encrypted).
- After encryption is completed, phone will reboot. You will be asked to put in the password you entered during the encryption process.
Factory Reset Android (4.0)
Factory Reset - Version 1
- Pull down your Notification Bar.
- Tap on Settings.
- Scroll down to Backup & reset.
- Tap on Factory data reset.
- Tap Reset Phone.
- Tap Erase everything.
- The phone will power off and when it resets it will be reset to factory defaults.
Factory Reset - Version 2
- Power off the phone.
- Hold down the volume up and down buttons, and hold down the power button all at the same time. After ~3 seconds the phone will buzz and boot into the .boot loader. mode.
- Use the volume key to select .Recovery mode.. Press the power button to get into recovery mode.
- (Select erase all data . check this).
- Quoted from http://www.networkworld.com/slideshow/22959#slide20 -
'Go to Settings, About Phone and tap the Android version several times in a row. A little Android will appear. Long-press on the Android, and he'll get bigger--until he gives way to tons of tiny Androids zooming across your screen'.